jueves, 13 de noviembre de 2014

How to be a doer of the Word!

 
November 13th.

Believe it, receive it, and live it!

By Riqui Ricón*

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. (Jas 1:22)

There is a big difference between being a simple spectator of life or being a main character; between being a doer of the story or just a simple participant from the circumstances.

Of course, there’ll be people who say: I am not a pastor, nor a preacher, nor an evangelist that can make great things for God, I’m just a humble member of the church. The thing is, that to be a member of the church means to go a couple times a week to listen God’s word, participating in one of the ministries and live a secular life with no greater change or impact than anyone else, then you are neglecting the salvation (fullness of Life) that Jesus gave you.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (Joh 10:10)

If you limit yourself to only listen God’s Word and you don’t act upon it, then you are deceiving yourself and you are thwarting God’s plan for your live. Think about it, if God had wanted you as an spectator he wouldn’t have you watching this moment of history where poverty, violence, immorality, disease and evil in general grows day by day. 

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Mt 5:14-16)

Never before in the history of humanity has it been so urgently needed for God’s Children to manifest in this world.

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. (Ro 8:19-21)

How to be a doer of the Word? By believing it as if it were God’s Word, which it actually IS.

The most important action that you must perform to be a doer of the Word is to make the decision of believing in God, believing in His Word and living according to what you believe. Everything else will not depend on what you do for Him but in what He has ALREADY done for you. No it depends on what YOU ALREADY ARE according to His Word: a Child of God BORN AGAIN and not from a corruptible seed but from an incorruptible one by God’s Word which lives and lingers forever.

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. (Jas 1:25)

The Bible, God’s Word, which cannot lie, is the Perfect Law, the Law of Freedom and if you govern your life according to it you are blessed, this is, Blessed by God and, therefore, a man (woman) a thousand times happy.

So see yourself the way God sees you. Look at yourself through the mirror that is His Word.

Joseph, as you, lived in an exciting and challenging time, he had to get the people of Israel to the promised land and to achieve it he received the following instruction from God.

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. (Jos 1:8-9)

Living according to the Bible is to make history, it’s to dare t olive an exciting and challenging life. To be a doer of the Word is to believe in God and lo live what He says about you. It’s to stop looking at your limitations and flaws to believe and act according to the person God says you are now.

So, loved one, believe it, receive it and live it!

Lets pray out loud:

Heavenly Father, I know that Your Word, the Bible, is the Truth and this is why today I can state with all certainty that I ____________________ (your name here):

·         HAve all the Power of the Holy Spirit to be an efficient witness for Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:8)

·         I can do ALL through Christ who strengths me (Phi 4:13)

·         I’m God’s and I have defeated because He who IS IN ME is greater than he who is in the world. (1 Joh 4:4)

·         I am more than a conqueror in ALL things through He who loves me, Jesus Christ. (Ro 8:37)

·         I haven’t received a spirit of slavery to be in fear again but I have received the spirit of adoption and I can call God my dad, my daddy. (Ro 8:15)

·         God loves me so that He has called mi His Child (1 Joh 3:1)

·         A thousand will fall to my left and ten thousand to my right but nothing shall reach me. (Ps 91:7).

·         Even if I walk through dark and gloomy paths I will not be afraid, because You, Lord, are on my side; Your rod and cane comfort me. You prepared a feast in front of my enemies; you anointed my head with oil, you have filled my cup all the way to the top. Your kindness and faithful love will be with me all my life. And I will go into the Lord’s house to stay there forever. (Ps 23:4-6)

·         Truthfully, You, Lord Jesus, carried all my diseases and suffered all my pains and I was healed by your wounds.

Thank you for all of this Lord Jesus! I will not be afraid but I will believe. Therefore, I will manifest each and every one of your promises in my life. So, without any doubt, heavenly Father, I ___________________( your name here): Am healthy! I am free! I am prosperous! I am joyful! I am God’s Child Born Again! In Jesus name. Amen.

 Note of importance:

How do I become a Child of God? How do I establish my relationship with the Almighty?

Simply say this prayer, placing all of your attention and heart into what you’re saying to God:

Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. That you came to this world from the Virgen Mary to pay for all of my sins, and I have been a sinner. This is why today I tell you, I accept. I accept your sacrifice on the cross! Yes, I accept Your precious Blood, spilled to the very last drop, out of love for me! I open my heart to you and invite you in, because I want you, oh Lord Jesus, to be my one and only Savior, my God, my King, my Lord. Thank you, God Almighty, for with this simple prayer and declaration of faith I have come from death to Life, I have been displaced from the shadows and into Your marvelous Light. Today I have been Reborn! God I am now Your Child! You are now my Father! I will never again be alone! Never again will I live defeated. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ricardo C. Peredo Jaime © 2012

 


Reading and Meditating on God’s Word.

Do these daily readings and by the end of one year you will have read all the Bible.

November 13th                                            Jas 1   /  Jer 21-22  /  Ps 129

 

 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario