viernes, 26 de diciembre de 2014

How to be ready for what’s coming next year!

 
December 26th

Amazing!

By Riqui Ricón*

Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. (Luke 2.29-32).

This is the prayer that Simeon made when, moved by the Holy Spirit, saw Jesus in the temple the day his parents took him to present him before the Lord, according to what is written in the law. Which is the Salvation that Simeon saw with his eyes? How big is this salvation that he was able to declare, without doubting, that he was ready to die and he said his goodbyes in peace?

To answer these questions let’s pay attention to what Jesus said in his first sermon in Nazareth:

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;  To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;  To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. (Isaiah 61.1-3).

Jesus was sent by God to bring you good news, cheering you if you are downhearted, picking you up if you have fallen, He has come to heal your heart, make you completely free, free of fear and death, from diseases, from poverty, from bitterness, loneliness, sadness and depression.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8.2).

Jesus came to comfort you and to command, with His Word, that glory instead of ashes, oil instead of mourning, a cloth of joy instead of the anguished spirit is given to you, for why you now are called just and you are property of the Lord.

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. (Isa 61.10).

Simeon rejoiced in what his eyes saw. However, how could God fulfill His promise with people that, despite the often, wonderful, manifestations of His Love and Fidelity towards them, for more than a thousand years had shown they were stubborn, proud and of a hard heart?

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert…This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise… I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. (Isa 43.18-19, 21, 25).

God is not interested in your sins, or in your continuous failures. He is interested in you! Isn’t the Love God feels for you amazing?

For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations. (Isa 61.11).

Just as earth produces its own branch, God determined to make of you a completely New creature through the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ.

 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Co 5.17).

This is the most amazing and wonderful news of the Plan of Redemption that God thought up for you: by the faith in Jesus Christ, for believing and receiving the Love that God feels for you (who preferred to give up His own Son before losing you), you no longer are the same person you were before.

The most beautiful miracle is this, that through God’s Word, because God has said it, you are now a Child of God, Born Again.

See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children—think of it—and we really are! But since most people don’t know God, naturally they don’t understand that we are his children. (1 John 3.1 TLB).

Believe it my loved one! Thanks to God’s Word, you no longer are the same sinner person you were before!

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (1 P 1.23).

It is written! God has said it and it is the Truth. It doesn’t depend on what you have done or can do but in what Jesus did for you and what God has established, in His Word, about you: that you are saved; you are healthy; that in all things you will come out more than a conqueror, for you can do all in Jesus Christ; that when facing problems you will have peace and be joyful, for you are a Child of God.

Amazing!

Let’s pray out loud:

Dear heavenly Father, it really is amazing that, despite of how I was, You love me so much that you have justified me, forgiven me, sanctified me to give me Eternal Life and make me part of Your family. Lord Jesus, only with my love and eternal gratitude I will be able to pay what you did for me. I am determined to believe and receive this great Love to live in Your Plentitude, from which all Your Children drink. I will not give fear or doubt a place and I will make Your Word, the Bible, the maximum norm of my existence. I am what You, Almighty God, say I am, no more, no less. I am healthy! I am prosperous! I am a Child of God! I am happy! Thank you Father! I bless Your Name and declare that the best of my life already started. I Jesus’ name. Amen.

 Note of importance:

How do I become a Child of God? How do I establish my relationship with the Almighty?

Simply say this prayer, placing all of your attention and heart into what you’re saying to God:

Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. That you came to this world from the Virgin Mary to pay for all of my sins, and I have been a sinner. This is why today I tell you, I accept. I accept your sacrifice on the cross! Yes, I accept Your precious Blood, spilled to the very last drop, out of love for me! I open my heart to you and invite you in, because I want you, oh Lord Jesus, to be my one and only Savior, my God, my King, my Lord. Thank you, God Almighty, for with this simple prayer and declaration of faith I have come from death to Life, I have been displaced from the shadows and into Your marvelous Light. Today I have been Reborn! God I am now Your Child! You are now my Father! I will never again be alone! Never again will I live defeated. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ricardo C. Peredo Jaime © 2012



Reading and Meditating on God’s Word.

Do these daily readings and by the end of one year you will have read all the Bible.

 

December 26                Luke 2.21-52 /  Ez 38-39 /  Isa 61

 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario